Tool to Increase WD My Passport Speed
Are you fed up of your slow WD My Passport speed? Want to boost it up without putting much effort? If this is the case then you just need to make use of Remo MORE tool to perform this task. There are a lot of reasons behind slowdown of WD My Passport external hard drive. There are various factors which result in the slowdown of WD My Passport external HDD. But all these factors simply lead to temporary slowdown of this external hard disk drive and these are not powerful enough to cause permanent slowdown of your WD My Passport external HDD. Therefore it is absolutely possible to improve the speed of your WD My Passport external hard drive. Though there are so many other applications which help in boosting up the slow WD Passport speed, Remo MORE should be used since it is quite trustworthy application preferred by various industry experts. If you are currently facing certain issues while transferring files from your WD My Passport external HDD to any computer due to slow speed of your external HDD then you must make use of this application to improve the file transfer speed.
This utility can be used under different situations. Whenever you find that you are not able to copy the files to your external hard disk drive with high speed then in that condition you must definitely make use of this software. After using this tool you will be able to transfer the file to your external HDD with great speed. It is also a very good tool which can be used when the WD My Passport external hard drive gets fragmented. When this external hard drive gets fragmented due to addition or removal of files, the speed of it gets reduced to a considerable extent. This happens because when a file is added or removed from this storage device, the existing files get arranged on the hard drive in a random manner. These files spread over the entire WD My Passport and this makes it slow. But this is not a very big problem. At any point of time this problem can be overcome with the help of Remo MORE software.
Also it functions well when the WD My Passport slows down due to the accumulation of different junk file types on it. When the external hard drive gets filled with a lot of junk files what happens is the speed of it reduces gradually. When the number of such junk files exceeds a certain limit then the external hard drive slows down to a crawl. This is quite an unfortunate situation which can be easily overcome with the support of Remo MORE application.
This tool comes free of cost and it can be for downloaded for free on different Windows computers such as Win XP, Vista, server and Win 8. It will also work well to improve speed of various other external hard drives such as Maxtor External HDD, Toshiba and Kingston external HDDs.
Steps to boost up Western Digital My Passport which is Running Slow:
- Download and Launch Remo MORE software on your system. Then after connecting your WD My passport to this system and launching the tool select "Manage" option from main screen. From the next screen select "Drive Defrag" option to defrag your WD My Passport HDD as shown in the figure 1.
- From the next window you have to choose your WD My Passport drive to defrag it.
- Once you select drive MORE tool will start analyzing your WD drive as shown in the figure 3.
- From the next window you need to select type of fragmentation once the analyzation gets completed. After this MORE tool will perform defragmentation of your WD My Passport hard drive.
- Once the process gets completed the software will analyze the drive once again. After the completion of this analyzation process you will be alerted.
Fig 1: Select Drive Defrag
Fig 2: Select Western Digital My Passport Drive
Fig 3: Analyze Process
Fig 4: Select Defragmentation Method